Posted in abandoned, abandoned mines, abandoned mines in Ontario, accident, Admin, adventure in Ontario, Adventures, adventures in Europe, animals, ANSI, art, articles, Asia, backpacking, Bancroft, Bancroft gemboree, bats, beading, beads, bigfoot, bizzare, books, british army, btk, bull fighter, bull fighting, Buy The Book, Canada, Canadian Army, cave conservation, cave digging, cave diving in ontario, cave formation, Caves, caves in Ontario, caving, Caving in Cuba, Caving in Hamilton, Caving in Ontario, central America, cities, climbing, Cobalt, collecting rocks near Bancroft, commerce, conspiracy, corundum, Costa Rica, Costa Rican bull fight, crazy things, creepy places, crime, crime in Costa Rica, crocodile, cryptozoology, cryptozooology, crystal ball, crystals, Cuba, Cuban life, Cuban people, cubans, culture, cultures, cute, diving, diving in ontario, Dodge, dogs, eco tourism in Costa Rica, economics, Education, electronica, England, entertainment, environment, Eramosa Karst, exploration, extreme sports, Family Stuff, fashion, feldspar, fluor-richterite, fossils, gemology, gems, gemstones, geography, geology, Germany, ghost, Gibraltar, gold, gold mining, golden retrievers, Guanacaste, guelph, Hamilton, haunted, haunted places, Havana, health, health and safety, hiking, history, holiday in Costa Rica, holiday in Cuba, howler monkeys, humor, India, industrial archeology, Interesting, Internet Stuff, Kansas, lapidary, Las Vegas, lay lines, Life, London, looking for gems, magical, malagan, Matanzas, media, military, mine, mines in northern Ontario, morality, Moroccans, Morocco, motocross, music, musicals, My Book, my life, mystery, nature, Nature/Outdoors, New Guniea, News, niagara escarpment, occult, Old Havana, ontario, ontario caves, Ontario geography, Ontario Underground, Ontario's geography, Ontario's geology, panning for gold, paranormal, pegmatite, people, people in Costa Rica, people in Cuba, Personal, pets, philosophy, Photography, photos, pickpockets, picture of, planes, PNG, Portugal, religion, rock collecting, rockhounding, rockhounding in Ontario, Rocks & Gems, rocks and minerals, rocks in Ontario, rockwatching, Roman, sandstone, sapphires, sasquatch, science, scotch, Scuba Diving, sculpture, searching for caves, serial killer, shopping, silver, silver mines, sports, strange places, surfing, Tamarindo, theater, Toronto Cave Group, tours in Costa Rica, trade, Travel, travel writing, tree planting, treeplanting, tunnels, Uncategorized, underground, underground Ontario, urban exploration, vacation, varadero, vicious bulls, visiting Costa Rica, volcanoes, war, waterfalls, waterfalls of Ontario, West Virginia, wierd, wildlife in Costa Rica, world cup, tagged Blogging Protocal, blogging standards, caving, Caving in Ontario, polite blogging on December 27, 2010|
Leave a Comment »
Well, Rockwatching has been up and running for a number of years now (5 to be exact) and I believe it has contributed significantly to the interest of people like myself who like caving, rocks, the outdoors, gems and minerals in Ontario.
We are just a few short days from 2011 and I believe it’s high time we made some resolutions -all of us (you my loyal fellow bloggers as well).
So in the interests of all involved a few ground rules to follow on Rockwatching from now on
1) Lets not carry a personal vendetta onto this site which is meant to be a forum where like minded enthusiasts can interact in a positive way.
2) Lets respect each other and try not to get personal when we are frustrated.
3) Lets respect the basics of conservation and eco-minded thought.
4) Lets not assume stuff we don’t know for sure (hence the survey at the bottom of the post).
5) Lets keep in mind that this is all about enjoyment.
6) Lets keep in mind that just because the topic is on the table, every single aspect that pertains to it is not an open book.
7) Lets respect people who are not on the site, private property, reputations etc. Just because there is discussion of a site or feature does not mean permission has been granted to go there.
8) Lets not get petty, self righteous or important. Stop correcting my grammar, spelling or use of terms. I am a writer at heart and so I believe I can use the language as I please (providing it’s in good taste, or if I choose, not in good taste).
9) Lets not waste my time by having to re-direct you to one of the above rules.
Happy and prosperous 2011 – Mick
Read Full Post »
Posted in Adventures, animals, backpacking, bizzare, bull fighter, bull fighting, central America, Costa Rica, Costa Rican bull fight, crazy things, Education, environment, extreme sports, geography, Guanacaste, hiking, holiday in Costa Rica, Interesting, Life, my life, nature, Nature/Outdoors, Personal, Photography, photos, picture of, sports, strange places, Tamarindo, Travel, vicious bulls, visiting Costa Rica, wierd on August 12, 2007|
Leave a Comment »
Bad attitude earns the big bucks.
Costa Rica 3 413, originally uploaded by Mic2006.
Read Full Post »